Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

Happy Easter!

Because our ward meets at 3:00 and ends at 6:00 (yes, we absolutely love meeting at this time), we haven't been able to go visit my family on Sunday's very much since the beginning of the year. We decided to go up to Layton to my parents house on Saturday and stay through Easter Sunday. The kids were just as excited to see Grandma and Grandpa as they were about the Easter bunny coming. Ammon was completely cuddly and ran to Grandma and Grandpa for frequent hugs. Ella was a chatterbox as usual and talked about anything and everything. Isaac had fun playing with his cousin Mike and just doing his own thing.

Glen and my Dad had the exciting and challenging task of helping the kids decorate eggs since my Mom, my sister, Abigail, and I ran to the store for some last minute things. When we got back they were still decorating, but it seemed like they kept everything under control pretty well. Not understanding the delicacy of eggs, Ammon did throw one into the dye and cracked it, but it turned out just fine.

The biggest challenge that night was Ammon, who refused to fall asleep until midnight. For some reason, ever since we painted his room he has not been sleeping well. But the next morning we arose to the excited sounds of kids discovering their Easter baskets full of treats. Obviously the highlight of the day for them were the treats and we were only slightly successful in rationing out the candy throughout the day. The highlight for me? Getting a ride in my Dad's Christmas present, his new Ferrari (a dream that he's had for as long as I can remember). With the weather being so nice he has finally been able to drive it around and boy is it quite the ride. I think the baby was still doing somersaults after we stopped from the extreme acceleration. It's a fun little car and I was glad to get a ride before I don't fit into it anymore.

Ella was absolutely adorable with curly hair and the boys were just as handsome as ever.

The car is so low, my Dad can't pull it into the driveway, it's quite interesting getting in and out being 20 weeks pregnant.

3 comments:

The Black's said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Easter. Tell your dad that I love his hat!! What a perfect touch for the picture!

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys had fun. This is the first time I've seen pictures of the legendary Ferrari.

Gerb said...

Cute kids, cool car. Sounds like a fun Easter for everyone!