Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Projects

Around our house many projects are started . . . few are finished. I suppose I could blame it on my husband, but it's not always his fault. Other projects begin to take precedence, life gets crazy, kids get in the way. Whatever the reason, things remain undone. We started painting the house about a year and a half ago and the kids bathroom, my bedroom, and my bathroom have yet to be finished. The problem is now the other rooms all need to be touched up as well. In February we started another large project, the floors. We had carpet in the dining room and it just wasn't working with four small children (can't imagine why). For a couple of years I had been wanting to take it all out and put down laminate flooring and we finally did it. Well, Glen did it and he did a great job, but like most projects, it remains slightly undone. It's just the baseboards and the transition strips, but I look forward to the day when a project is done completely. Though not finished, I absolutely love the floors and we put them in just in time. Preston now feeds himself and one-third of his food always ends up on the floor. It was interesting teaching piano lessons in the entryway while the floors were being worked on, but I managed. Here are some slightly unfinished pictures and hopefully some day soon I can put a completely finished picture. Of course there are still the curtains I need to get, the accessories, the . . .

The before picture. It's hard to see, but there are stains, everywhere!
Light carpet + Kids = Disaster

Pulling everything out and realizing that we are going to have to put in a sub-floor to match the kitchen and entryway.


The kids thought it was a blast, except for Preston who was confined to his high chair most of the time.


Glen was hard at work pulling up the linoleum, that stuff can sure stick!


Great job on the sub-floor, Glen! And the floor is coming along!


The almost finished project! We love it!

2 comments:

Coles Fam said...

Oh, Jeanette, I love it. That's the first thing we want to do once the good ol' tax rebate comes our way. You'll have to let me know what you got. I'm trying to decide what route to go. It looks great.

Cara said...

I love the floors and you are a painting pro. I need to post my newest project up here too, but I am also waiting for it to be totally done, which means it may never be posted ha ha!