Monday, September 14, 2009

Crazy Life

Is it just me or does life seem to be flying by and I'm holding on with the tips of my fingernails? This summer was too short and crazy, but I'm actually glad that school is back in. I feel like I'm better organized when the kids are in school and consequently I have more free time rather than less. Weird. By the way this post is especially dedicated to my darling cousin Cara who keeps reminding me what a slacker I am. Hee hee, thanks Cara. OK, so here's a quick update because I have the Kindergarten carpool today and it's early day out. Glen is alive! This may sound weird, but he has been pretty sick lately and it's been quite the medical mystery. After multiple cat scans, ultra-sounds, a colonoscopy (fun!), an endoscopy, and lots of blood tests, they think there's something going on with his gallbladder, but it's going to stay in for the time being.
I'm back with all my piano students, plus some new ones. I'm up to 15 now and I'm hoping I can manage. With two little ones at home still and all the running around that accompanies kids in school, soccer, and dance, I stay very busy. I do find some time to read, play the piano, and hang out with friends and Glen which is nice. I have a new friend from Chile and I've been able to dust off my Spanish and surprisingly it's not quite as bad as I thought!
Isaac is in the second grade and loving school again. He still loves playing with friends more than school and homework is just not fun, but he's doing well. He continues to be an amazing reader and speller.
Ella started Kindergarten and she loves it! She loves drawing, coloring, and playing with new friends. She loves writing her whole name and other random letters that she likes. She's still in dance and says that dancing all day is her favorite thing to do.
Ammon is a little lonely with Isaac and Ella in school, but he tries to play with Preston. His trains are his ultimate toy and we have train tracks going down the hall on a daily basis. He is still very forceful and energetic and yet very sweet too.
Preston is getting bigger, although he is definitely our smallest kid. I think he might have hit 20 pounds finally at 13 1/2 months. He has quite the little personality and loves to make people laugh. His big brown eyes draw the attention of many strangers and I think he really likes the attention.
Check out our latest pictures! These are in no particular order.


On a fun scavenger hunt with some of our friends.

Ammon coloring in the tent at the Hardy Family reunion.

Isaac looking very handsome in his new suit.

Ella's first day of school.

A Daddy and kids sandwich!

Little Preston who just loves to have his picture taken.

Preston again, playing on the couch.

Ella's first day of school.

Isaac's first day of school, which was actually a week before Ella's. He's in a portable that is right next to the playground, sweet!

Ammon and Preston playing and actually getting along.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Wahoo!!!! I love it, now keep it up!