Sunday, May 30, 2010

Deployment News

Glen has now been on lockdown at Camp Williams for 7 days and we're doing okay. The first few days of him being gone are always the hardest and then we start to get into a routine and things get a little easier. We were able to go have dinner with him tonight and spend some time which was really nice. After the 10 day lockdown he will be working and having briefings on a daily basis, but he'll be able to come home at night. Yay! I found out tonight he may also have some time off before they leave to go to Washington on the 24th or 25th, still not sure what day exactly.
The kids are handling things fairly well. We were pretty busy with the last week of school stuff, Ammon having his tonsils out, and Preston having tubes put in his ears over the past few weeks so I think they were too busy to really think about Glen leaving, but now with summer vacation we'll see how things go. Preston seems to be having the hardest time. He woke up in the middle of the night as usual a few nights ago and I brought him into my room, but then he woke up again about an hour later and looked over to where Glen normally is and said "Daddy?" Then he crawled out of the bed and ran down the hall calling, "Daddy!? Daddy!? Daddy!?" It was enough to make my heart break. I finally calmed him down and got him back to sleep, but he definitely misses Glen. He's kindof a momma's boy, but if Glen is around, that's who he wants. Isaac has been acting out a little, but I'm not sure if it's Glen being gone or something else. Over all things are a little tough, but going okay.

2 comments:

The Black's said...

Jeannette if there is anything that you need please call us we are not that far from you. We need to get the kids together someday to play this summer. I hope the time that Glen is gone goes by fast. And again PLEASE call us if you need anything!!!

Cara said...

I couldn't do it. You are strong and brave. I will have your family in my prayers and hope that this transition can be as smooth as possible.